Sunday, April 24, 2011

Aunt Win and Dappap birth records

One of the cool things about being deeply rooted in one place, Seattle, is coming across odd coincidences of family history.  My grandfather, Omar James Humphrey, Jr. and my great-aunt on my grandmother's side, Winifred Ross Heiser, were born 2 days apart in Seattle and they are listed on the same page of the Register of Births in Seattle.

Two things I love about these entries, in addition to the fact that my grandfather and my great-aunt are both listed on the same page while the two families would not meet for another twenty years.  One, I love that OJH Sr identifies his occupation as capitalist.  That's awesome. And two, I love that my other great-grandfather, Rex Ross, identifies himself as a rancher.  He would go on to attend medical school in Philadelphia (with his wife and three children in two) and become a surgeon.  But in 1907 -- he was a rancher? Where? In Ballard?







1 comment: